- Written by Wilmot Proviso
If you want to exercise your constitutional rights in the Northern Mariana Islands, you’d better be willing to fork up $1,000. The U.S. territory just decided to implement a handgun tax on any gun purchased on the islands, no matter what size or caliber.
According to the Marianas Variety, the bill was passed after the island’s gun ban was struck down last month. The bill also included language that said guns should only be used for self-defense.
“An individual is allowed to use a firearm or deadly force in self-defense if: the individual is protecting him- or herself and the use of the firearm or deadly force would prevent the immediate use of force by an aggressor,” the bill reads.
“Provided further that this use is based upon the reasonable belief that the aggressor is about to inflict an intentional contact that would or could be reasonably thought to result in serious bodily harm or death and the use of force by the aggressor can safely be prevented only by the immediate use of a deadly force.”
Apparently, nobody seemed to notice that a $1,000 tax is roughly equivalent to a ban on a constitutional right, much like the poll taxes in the South. Those were struck down, too — although, given Obama’s assault on the Second Amendment, we’ll see if the courts even recognize constitutional rights anymore….
The Northern Mariana Islands, which are roughly halfway between Hawaii and China in the Pacific Ocean, only have a little over 50,000 people on them. However, those people are Americans, and they have the right to bear arms.
Until this ban is lifted, patriotic Americans shouldn’t spend any money in the Northern Mariana Islands. If lawmakers there want to block our Constitution, they don’t want our money.
This 2016 presidential campaign is very educational.
Based on our “Esteemed” Career Politicians, and based on their statements only, all of the remaining candidates for the presidency, Democrats and Republicans are; Liars, Phonies, Frauds, Criminals, Con Artists, and possess evil and unacceptable human attributes.
I must admit, this is the only time I can agree with this “Elite” club of Career Politicians.
Being a Career Politician, running a campaign, means joining the trade of Career Politicians.
Any Individual, member of this trade, MUST possess these disgusting human attributes.
They must possess them, and be “good’ in executing them in order to survive and to “win”.
We, the public, the “Other Individuals”, must not believe otherwise.
When choosing a candidate, one has no choice but to choose from a pool of “bad apples”.
These are the ONLY Individuals ready and able to take on this “dirty” trade of Career Politicians. This is the “nature of the Beast”, always was and always will be.
We need to accept that our candidates for the Presidency, are exactly what they and other members of their trade are telling us, and we must act accordingly, PROTECT OURSELVES from these devious, un-trustable Individuals we are putting in power.
As for us, the “Other Individuals”, the only way to survive as free men, is to accept reality and NEVER EVER compromise on the constitution, especially the Second Amendment.
The Second Amendment, fully restored to its original form, is the only protection against the Career Politicians’ goal of unsupervised and unlimited power.
You must choose your candidate based on his/her performance history related to the Second Amendment.
ALWAYS check his/her Grade with the National Rifle Association (NRA).
This grade is more important than party affiliations and any claims the candidate is making.
To get the candidate grade online go to:
From MENU choose:
Politics & Legislation, and then choose:
NRA Political Victory Fund
Or go directly to: https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/
WHAT THE GRADES MEAN
The NRA-PVF is non-partisan in issuing its candidate grades and endorsements. Our decisions are not based on a candidate’s party affiliation, but rather on his or her record on Second Amendment issues. The NRA is a single issue organization. The only issues on which we evaluate candidates seeking elected office are gun-related issues.
Indicates an NRA Endorsed Candidate.
A legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has also made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.
Solidly pro-gun candidate. A candidate who has supported NRA positions on key votes in elective office or a candidate with a demonstrated record of support on Second Amendment issues.
A pro-gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the candidate’s responses to the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire and who does not have a voting record on Second Amendment issues.
A generally pro-gun candidate. However, a “B” candidate may have opposed some pro-gun reform or supported some restrictive legislation in the past.
Not necessarily a passing grade. A candidate with a mixed record or positions on gun related issues, who may oppose some pro-gun positions or support some restrictive legislation.
An anti-gun candidate who usually supports restrictive gun control legislation and opposes pro-gun reforms. Regardless of public statements, can usually be counted on to vote wrong on key issues.
True enemy of gun owners’ rights. A consistent anti-gun candidate who always opposes gun owners’ rights and/or actively leads anti-gun legislative efforts, or sponsors anti-gun legislation.
Refused to answer the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire, often an indication of indifference, if not outright hostility, to gun owners’ and sportsmen’s rights.
Sheriff Brad Rogers, of Elkhart County in Indiana made news a few months ago when he vowed that he would ignore any gun control executive order.
Several sheriffs have spoken out over the past couple of years against more gun control laws. Now, Elkhart County Sheriff Brad Rogers has taken his stance and made it clear to the Obama administration that he will not submit to unconstitutional executive orders to confiscate guns from Americans in his county.
Rogers appeared on a local PBS broadcast to support the rights to keep and bear arms that are to be protected under the Second Amendment.
“We’ve always had this conversation that we need more reasonable gun control put in place,” Rogers said. “Well we have what is reasonable, in my opinion, and in fact it’s probably overdone.”
“I’m from the government, and I don’t think the government has any place in gun registration,” Rogers added. “The government shouldn’t know who’s got weapons … we’ve seen in other countries what could happen when the government knows who has what guns.”
“And so I always discourage people from ever registering any guns – it’s not a law in Indiana, so it’s not like I’m asking anyone to break the law,” said Rogers. “I’m just saying if someone wants to come into the sheriff’s office and register their gun I will let them do it – but quite frankly it’s not something we push or promote.”
Rogers went on to state that any executive orders given by Obama to infringe on the rights of the citizens of his county to keep and bear arms would be ignored.
“In fact, if President Obama today said, ‘I’m creating an executive order that all sheriffs and police chiefs around this nation need to start registering firearms,’ I will disregard it,” Rogers said.
SURVEILLANCE VIDEO OF ALL THE ACTION
Rodney Lee Conover — February 19, 2016
Blam! Thug gets a taste of the bitch-pudding when he tries to mug concealed-carry guy.
Pretty slick moves too!
This is awesome!
About the AuthorRodney Lee Conover
Rodney Lee Conover is a writer, producer and Senior Editor at JoeForAmerica.com
Registration leads to Confiscation
From AWD Angry White Dude
AWD wrote about some Beta-male’s NY Times article instructing males how to be a Modern Man. Here’s the post:
NEW YORK TIMES TEACHES AMERICAN MALES HOW TO BE WUSSES!
The Readers Digest version is the Modern Male = Historical Woman.
One of the tenets of the modern man is:
The modern man has no use for a gun. He doesn’t own one, and he never will.
Here’s the deal all you moisturizing half-a-sissy modern males.
America was not made strong, wealthy and a world power by men more concerned about what women’s shoe manufacturer’s sizes runs small or large than winning world wars!
So while a good many males in America have beaten their swords into lavender scented bubble baths, a whole hell of a lot of us haven’t. And it is we who will survive when the next big thing happens where it will require killing over being killed.
Bill Whittle always seems to make good common sense out of the liberal lunacy spewed by types who read the NY Times. And moisturize.
I encourage everyone, especially Beta-males, to watch Bill’s latest video:
The article is from the Forward Observer Magazine By: SAMUEL CULPER
Malheur SITREP – 0400L 28 JAN 16
Situation Report (SITREP) – 0400L 28 JAN 16
It’s been a very long 36 hours since yesterday’s events began unfolding. Avoidable tragedy struck Tuesday afternoon when LaVoy Finicum was shot and killed. Since then, there have been at least four different accounts of what happened. We’ve seen wild and inaccurate speculation about what’s going on at the Refuge, which has been contradictory to on the ground reporting.
In these times, we need to focus on discerning facts from opinions, and separate what’s more likely to be true from what’s less likely to be true through a structured process. What follows is my personal account of following the situation, including talks with sources on the ground and on conference calls with Sergeant Major Joseph Santoro (U.S.A., Ret.), Stewart Rhodes, State Representative Matthew Shea (R-WA), Jason Van Tatenhove, and others.
Here’s what we know.
– Just before 5:00 pm local on Tuesday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Oregon State Police (OSP) made a felony stop on two vehicles carrying Ammon Bundy and six other individuals headed to a community meeting in John Day, Oregon, in neighboring Grant County. During the stop, which occurred on federal land just inside the Malheur National Forest, law enforcement personnel fired shots, wounding Ryan Payne and killing LaVoy Finicum. Here’s a breakdown of the four known accounts.
- Ammon Bundy allegedly called his wife to tell her that LaVoy Finicum was unarmed and had his hands up when shot and killed. Ammon received this account second-hand and was passing on what he was told. We know that the altercation with LaVoy occurred outside the line of sight of Ammon Bundy.
- Victoria Sharpe was allegedly in LaVoy’s vehicle during the shooting, and she claims that around 120 rounds were fired during the altercation, and that LaVoy had his hands up while walking towards FBI and OSP officers. FBI and OSP officers, according to Victoria Sharpe’s account, shot Lavoy and continued to shoot him after he fell down. At one part of her account, Victoria says that LaVoy was shot three times after falling down, and at a second part, she claims that LaVoy was shot at least six times after falling down.
- Mark McConnell’s account draws heavily on the alleged first-hand accounts of Shawna Cox and Ryan Payne. Mark’s statement claims that LaVoy drove through the felony stop further north up the road. According to Mark, Shawna Cox continues the story she related to him, saying that they drove towards the FBI-OSP road block, where LaVoy then attempted to drive around the road block. After the truck got stuck, LaVoy exited the vehicle and charged law enforcement personnel. Mark cites the stories of Shawna Cox and Ryan Payne that LaVoy was not on his knees and was not cooperative when he was killed.
- Finally, according to a joint FBI-OSP statement published Wednesday morning, three shots were fired during the stop. It provides no additional information about the altercation.
- (Analyst Comment: Each of the three eye witness accounts agree that LaVoy drove his truck past the felony stop, towards the road block. Each of the three eye witness accounts agree that LaVoy had his hands up in the air, and two claim that he was walking towards FBI and OSP personnel when shot and killed. From there, the eye witness accounts get very contradictory. The accounts of Shawna Cox and Ryan Payne, according to Mark McConnell, support the limited information provided by the FBI-OSP statement. The account of Victoria Sharpe is the outlier. Two things are sure for me: there was no “shoot out” as the media has reported. According to each of the eye witness statements above, no possibility exists that LaVoy Finicum fired at police. After surveying three weeks of his video statements about the potential for his death, and speaking with him in person a little over a week ago, I’m more inclined to believe that LaVoy was shot on his feet than on his knees. “I’m not going to end up in prison. I would rather die than be caged. And I’ve lived a good life,” he told reporters during the first week of the occupation. He went on record numerous times later saying, effectively, that he was going to walk away after the mission was accomplished or that he was going to die trying. If we’re to believe LaVoy’s conviction that he would have rather died than go to prison, then in the face of overwhelming odds that he would be arrested, we must accept the possibility that he died for the cause. If Shawna and Ryan’s accounts, as told by Mark McConnell are accurate, then he was walking towards police when he was shot. That increases the likelihood of a wrongful death scenario, and gives no credence to the claim that he was executed while on his knees. Additionally, we need to ask why non-lethal/less-lethal means weren’t used in order to subdue LaVoy, especially if his hands remained up.)
– After the felony stop, Sergeant Major Joseph Santoro (U.S.A., Ret.) began communicating with FBI contacts. A top priority for SGM Santoro, acting in coordination with Pacific Patriots Network, Oath Keepers National, Stewart Rhodes, State Representative Matthew Shea (R-WA) from the Coalition of Western States (C.O.W.S.) and a Coalition representative at the Refuge, was to work with the FBI in order to give enough time for women and children at the Refuge to leave. He repeatedly expressed his concern that an FBI action on the compound would result in further loss of life, including the potential for harm to women and children. SGM Santoro convinced his FBI contacts to delay any action on the Refuge, while a C.O.W.S. representative at the Refuge worked to get the women and children packed up to leave. Through numerous phone calls and face to face coaxing, a majority of the occupiers agreed to leave. Additionally, a YouTube video posted by David Fry early Thursday morning confirms that conditions at the Refuge were ‘chaotic’ as occupiers packed up to leave as quickly as possible.
– The mission of the Pacific Patriots Network has been to prevent another Waco, where federal agents mass murder American citizens during an assault on a compound. That mission has so far been accomplished.
– According to sources at the Refuge, there weren’t enough vehicles to transport everyone who wanted to leave the Refuge. SGM Santoro relayed that to the FBI, and the FBI contacts instructed those without a vehicle to drive a Bureau of Land Management (BLM) vehicle parked at the Refuge into Burns and park it at a location where it would later be picked up by BLM officials.
– According to sources at the Refuge, Jason Patrick, who decided to stay, became angry that most occupiers were leaving, and refused to move a vehicle so that they could leave the Refuge Headquarters. Those leaving were forced to drive through private property in order get back to a highway, where they began their trip back into Burns, and then home.
– At approximately 0200L on the morning of 27 January, sources in contact with the FBI claimed that the remaining occupiers were given until 0400L to vacate, implying that action might be taken to remove them if they stayed past the deadline. At 0400L, no action was taken, and as of 0100L on Thursday, 28 January, no direct action has been taken at the Refuge.
– On Wednesday afternoon, Duane Ehmer, the cowboy who infamously rode his horse while hoisting an American flag, was arrested by the FBI.
– On Wednesday evening, negotiations with Jason Patrick were finally successful and he agreed to leave the refuge. According to sources familiar with the story, the FBI told Jason Patrick that he was free to leave, however, he would be arrested if he had an outstanding warrant. After walking seven miles out of the Refuge to the FBI checkpoint to be picked up, he was arrested by law enforcement at 1910L due to an outstanding warrant. (Analyst Comment: Jason Patrick was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. Being one of the more ardent protesters at the Refuge, the FBI likely considered him to be one of the top instigators, especially after he decided to stay as most others left.)
– A video posted to YouTube early Thursday morning indicates that five occupiers remain at the Refuge. In the video, David Fry says they’re refusing to leave because one individual has an outstanding warrant and will be arrested. They told their FBI negotiator that they would all leave if his warrant is revoked. No further information is available.
– There are efforts underway to organize large gatherings in Salem, Oregon to protest the killing of LaVoy Finicum in front of the governor’s office and another building. There’s also a protest being scheduled in Eugene. Follow the Pacific Patriots Network for additional and up to date information.
Samuel Culper is the executive editor of Forward Observer Magazine. He was an Army and contract Intelligence analyst with multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He now splits his time between the American Redoubt and the Deep South.
Dennis Michael Lynch January 27, 2016 4:00 PM
MY EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MEL BUNDY…
Unlike the other media outlets and cable TV shows that will hit a story and leave most of the details on the editing floor, I gave Mel Bundy 20 full minutes to tell the story of what took place last night in Oregon, and what will happen next now that one man is dead and his brothers are being held by the FBI. You can catch the exclusive interview tonight on UNFILTERED. 9pm ET, and again at midnight. Only on NewsmaxTV. DIRECT 349 or DISH 223 or VERIZON FIOS 115 — or — watch on Roku — or watch in real time at Newsmaxtv.com Here is a taste of the POWERFUL interview.
Controversy, speculation, he said, she said, is now surrounding the Oregon occupation story with the death of Robert “Lavoy” Finicu, a 55-year-old father of 11, who has been shot ‘in the face’ and killed by authorities. For this reason, the story is still developing, but THIS is what we have learned so far, based on the words of a few witnesses.
Bernie Sanders Calls For Totalitarian Gun Confiscation
Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont (a pro-gun state, for the record) said on an episode of NBC’s “Meet The Press” that “we need to make sure that certain types of guns used to kill people, exclusively, not for hunting, they should not be sold in the United States of America.”
“Coming from a rural state, I think I can communicate with folks coming from urban states where guns mean different things than they do in Vermont where it’s used for hunting,” he said.
Calling for a ban on all firearms “used to kill people” and “not for hunting” implies a ban on all guns, period.
More recently, Sanders appeared on the same show on 1/17 and touted his vote to “ban assault weapons” in 1988. He claimed to have rethought certain aspects of that legislation but never rescinded his viewpoint on banning firearms.
The Vermont senator, like other anti-gun activists, failed to mention that Americanspurchased 170 million new guns since 1991 and the crime rate has since dropped 51%. He also never mentioned that “gun control” failed in cities like Chicago wheresomeone is murdered every three hours.
Liberals have recently demanded more anti-gun rhetoric from Sanders, the Democratic presidential candidate’s shift to the far-left on this issue is likely an attempt to placate to his party’s core voters as the 2016 election quickly approaches.
UPDATE 1/24 – The quotes in this article have been correctly attributed.